1. Oklahoma City 5-1- Despite last night’s loss, Kevin Durant is on a scoring prowess, leading the league in scoring and scoring 30 or more in the Thunder’s first 5 games.
2. Miami Heat 5-1- A couple of close calls, but Dwade, not Lebron has bailed them out.
3. Chicago Bulls 4-1- Interesting stat from ESPN, the Bulls have three 40 point wins since December 2010.
4. Portland Trailblazers 3-1- Six double digit scorers has opened the floor for the Trailblazers.
5. Orlando Magic 4-2- Dwight Howard has shown no signs of checking out of Orlando.
6. Denver Nuggets 4-2- Despite losing Keyon Martin, J.R. Smith, and Wilson Chandler overseas, the Nuggets still roll out six double digit scorers.
7. Indiana Pacers 4-1- Wins over Detroit, Toronto, New Jersey, and Cleveland don’t impress me. We’ll find out more about the Pacers with the Heat, Celtics, Sixers and Hawks on tap.
8. Atlanta Hawks 4-1- Hard to get impressed over two wins over New Jersey and a win over Washington. However, a win over Miami, wow.
9. San Antonio Spurs 3-2- Tough loss with Manu going down with broken hand.
10. Los Angeles Clippers 2-2- Okay, so they aren’t going to run away as the best team in Los Angeles.
11. Los Angeles Lakers 3-3- The Lakers stink, the Lakers stink, no not just yet. Lakers are 3-1 after starting 0-2 including a win over Denver.
12. Houston Rockets 2-2- wins over the Spurs and Hawks are solid, but a ridiculous stretch coming up with the Lakers, Clippers, and a back to back with the Thunder coming up.
13. Philadelphia 76ers 2-2- A possible 3-2 West Coast trip would be great with a ton of home games in January.
14. Minnesota Timberwolves 2-3- Lost by 4 points to Oklahoma City, lost by 2 to Miami, and then beat Dallas and San Antonio. Perhaps the Timberwolves can make Minnesota a little happy considering how awful the Twins and Vikings were.
15. Dallas Mavericks 2-4- Got their revenge against Oklahoma City with an impressive 13 point win last night.
16. New York Knicks 2-3- 25th in assists, hello Baron? Baron? Please get healthy.
17. Boston Celtics 3-3- Nothing like two wins vs. Washington to help the psyche.
18. Detroit Pistons 2-3- Two impressive wins over two likely playoff teams in Orlando and Indiana.
19. Golden State Warriors 2-3- Impressive wins over Chicago and New York, but losses to Philadelphia and Phoenix can’t still well with Mark Jackson.
20 Milwaukee Bucks 2-2- a 5 game road trip hasn’t started well with a loss to Denver.
21. Memphis Grizzlies 1-3- a brutal 40 point loss to Chicago is not the way the Grizz imagined the season would start.
22. Sacramento Kings 2-3- Impressive win over the Lakers at home, but this DeMarcus Cousin’s issue will linger all season.
23. Utah Jazz 2-3- Their three losses are by a combined 57 points.
24. New Orleans Hornets 2-3-Eric Gordon’s knee problem will likely allow him to return against the Sixers on Wednesday.
25. Phoenix Suns 2-3- It seems that the Phoenix run for championship is long over.
26. Toronto Raptors 2-3- Impressive win over the Knicks without Stoudemire.
27. Charlotte Bobcats 1-3- The schedule makers did them an injustice. Two of their first four games were against Miami.
28. Cleveland Cavs 2-2- Kyrie Irving off to a solid start, averaging 13 points, 5 assists, and 4 rebounds a game.
29. New Jersey Nets 1-4-They stink.
30. Washington Wizards 0-5-They are awful.