1. Miami Heat 16-5- Jump over the Bulls with the win Sunday afternoon. Lebron goes for 22,11, and 8.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder 16-3- 8-2 road record is best in the league.
3. Chicago Bulls 18-5- 1-1 on a 9 game road trip. Trips to Philadelphia and Milwaukee up next.
4. Denver Nuggets 14-6- Number 1 in the league in scoring, not bad for a team without a star.
5. Dallas Mavericks 14-8- Have won 6 out of 7 since losing to both LA Teams.
6. Philadelphia 76ers 15-6- Beat Orlando, but have Chicago, Miami and Atlanta this week.
7. Los Angeles Clippers 11-6- Nice two game winning streak against Memphis and Denver.
8. Indiana Pacers 13-6- Went 2-1 on the three game road trip which included wins over Chicago and Orlando. Derrick Rose was not happy with how the Pacers celebrated beating the Bulls either.
9. Atlanta Hawks 15-6- Jeff Teague had 24 in the win over New Orleans. He’s averaging 13 points and 5 assists as the starter and has seen his field goal and three-point percentage jump to career highs this year.
10. Houston Rockets 12-9- Team lost 5 out of 6 to start the month, won 7 in a row, and then ended the up and down month with a bad loss to Minnesota.
11. San Antonio Spurs 13-9- Would be ranked higher, but blew a 9 point lead with 5:30 to go in Dallas.
12. Los Angeles Lakers 12-9- 2-4 in their last six games against teams with a record over .500.
13. Utah Jazz 12-7- 3-4 against teams with winning records, play two of the next three against the LA teams.
14. Portland Trailblazers 12-9- 5-7 to end the month, but February starts with Charlotte and Sacramento.
15. Orlando Magic 12-9- They’ve looked awful in their four game losing streak. Blew a 27 point lead in Boston, got blown out by the worst team in the Western Conference, lost by 21 in Indiana and then scored 69 points in a loss against Philadelphia.
16. Minnesota Timberwolves 10-11- Finished the month 6-4 including wins over San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, and the Clippers.
17. Memphis Grizzles 10-10- Started 3-6, won 7 in a row, and now have lost 4 in a row.
18. Cleveland Cavs 8-11- Kyrie Irving is averaging 17.9 points per game and scored the game winner against Boston.
19. Boston Celtics 9-10- With games against Cleveland, Toronto, New York, and Memphis coming, the Celtics can start to see their way out of the mess they made.
20. Milwaukee Bucks 9-11- Wins over the Heat, Rockets, Lakers give Bucks fans a glimmer of hope.
21. Toronto Raptors 7-14- Have won three out of four, only a half game behind the Knicks.
22. New Jersey Nets 7-14- Williams, Humphries, and Lopez are nice pieces, but it won’t be worth anything if they can’t keep Deron Williams this summer.
23. New York Knicks 7-13- Have lost 9 out of 10 and now whispers are swirling that they are shopping Amare.
24. Phoenix Suns 7-13- Nash is averaging almost a double double, 14.3 points and 9.9 assists.
25. Golden State Warriors 6-12- Friday’s loss to the Thunder (120-101) shows how far away they are.
26. Sacramento Kings 6-14- Dead last in defense. This team is still a mess.
27. Detroit Pistons 4-18- Dead last in offense, rebounds, and 26th in assists per game.
28. New Orleans Hornets 4-17- At least they beat Orlando!
29. Washington Wizards 4-17- They still suck.
30- Charlotte Bobcats 3-18- Lost to the Wizards to give them the new title of the worst team in basketball.