The second to last Power Rankings of the regular season….
World Series Contenders:
1. Philadelphia Phillies 98-53- Despite their lull, they still have the best record in baseball.
2. New York Yankees 91-60- have seperated themselves from the Red Sox.
3. Milwaukee Brewers 90-63- Have kept the Cardinals at bay.
4. Detroit Tigers 89-64- On fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, first team to clinch a division
5. Arizona Diamondbacks 88-65- Would take a great collapse to not make the postseason.
6.Texas Rangers 88-65- Have kept the Angels at bay.
7. Atlanta Braves 87-66-Have the Cardinals breathing down their necks.
8. Boston Red Sox-87-65- They are going to blow it.
9. TB Rays 85-67- They are going to catch Boston.
10. St. Louis Cardinals 83-69- Making a late push, not sure it’s going to be enough.
11. San Francisco Giants 83-70- Where was this offense a month ago?
12. Los Angeles Angels 83-69- Need to be perfect to have a chance.
Perhaps next year?
13. Los Angeles Dodgers 76-76- Have been one of the best teams in baseball the past three weeks.
14. Cleveland Indians 75-75- A great season any way you look at it.
15. Toronto Blue Jays 77-75- A better ballclub than the Dodgers and Indians, but will always be in the background behind Boston and New York.
Medicore Baseball Teams
16. Cincinnati Reds 74-79- Way too talented to be this average.
17. Chicago White Sox 74-78- Wasted years out of Dunn, Rios and a terrible bullpen cost this team dearly.
18. Washington Nationals 72-79- The building blocks are getting there.
19. Colorado Rockies 70-82- With pieces like Cargo and Tulo, they have to better next year right?
20. New York Mets 73-80- Is Reyes really worth the huge contract he’s going to get from someone?
Just Awful Baseball Teams
21. Kansas City Royals 67-87- 9 prospects in Baseball America’s top 100 prospects.
22. Florida Marlins 69-84- It’s been a lost season since May.
23. Pittsburgh Pirates 68-85- The Jerry Meals game seem to start the down fall.
24. Chicago Cubs 67-86- Will they make a play for Pujols in the off-season?
25. San Diego Padres 65-88- Need to find some offense in the off-season, but what free agent will go to that big ballpark?
26. Oakland A’s 69-84- Starting to hear whispers of Billy Beane possibly taking his talents to Chicago.
27. Baltimore Orioles 62-89- Have been thorns in the side of the Rays and Yankees recently. Boston is next.
28. Seattle Mariners 63-89- Will be the first season in Ichiro’s Hall of Fame career where he doesn’t reach 200 hits.
29. Minnesota Twins 59-82- Need to figure out where it went wrong.
Ed Wade’s Gem
30. Houston Astros 52-100- At least Ed got revenge when the Astros took two of three from the Phillies.