The Mike D’Antoni era is officially over in the Big Apple. D’Antoni was 121-167 in three plus seasons with the Knicks. The combination of injuries to Carmelo Anthony and Amare Stoudemire, the inconsistent play of Jeremy Lin and the lack of defense, led to his demise. Mike Woodson will coach the team for the rest of the season.
1. Miami Heat 25-7- Recently had a back to back to back and went 3-0, winning each game by double digits.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder 25-7- Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook became the first duo of teammates to score 40 points in a game since MJ and Pippen in 1996.
3. San Antonio Spurs 22-9- 10 game winning streak for the old team that won’t win a championship according to the experts.
4. Chicago Bulls 26-8- Derrick Rose finally returns and they dominate the Atlanta Hawks.
10. Memphis Grizzlies 18-15- Have won 6 out of 8 with Philadelphia and Dallas coming up on a short home stand.
11. Los Angeles Lakers 18-13-Brutal stretch with Dallas, Oklahoma City and Minnesota coming up.
12. Atlanta Hawks 19-13- A brutal stretch against Miami, LA, Phoenix, Portland and Chicago has gone 1-4 so far. Knicks and Magic still left on tap before Golden State to end the month.
13.Indiana Pacers 19-12- Wins against New Jersey and Charlotte come after losing five in a row.
14. Portland Trail Blazers 17-15- It’s been an up and down month for Portland. Wins over Denver and Atlanta are nullified by losses to Washington and Sacramento.
15. Denver Nuggets 17-15- Were apart of history Sunday…not in a good way. The Nuggets were the first team to give up a 50 point, 40 point, and triple-double to a trio of teammates in NBA history in their loss to the Thunder.
16. Minnesota TWolves 16-16- Rubio and Love are making it fun to be Timberwolves fan again.
17. New York Knicks 16-17-
18. Utah Jazz 15-16- Continue to fall back to Earth with only three wins this month.
19. Boston Celtics 15-16- Just when you thought they figured it out, a 4 game losing streak including two losses to the Pistons makes you wonder.
20. Cleveland Cavs 12-17- Kyrie continues to marvel, averaging 18 points, 5 assists, and 3.5 rebounds per game.
21. Phoenix Suns 13-19- Steve Nash’s assists in his last four games, 16,17,14,11.
22. Milwaukee Bucks 13-19- Brandon Jennings doesn’t want to be there and that’s not good news for Bucks fans.
23. Golden State Warriors 11-17- At least the Run TMC bobbleheads will keep fans interested for a little while.
24.Detroit Pistons 11-22- Have had a really good month, going 7-3, including two wins over Boston.
25. Sacramento Kings 10-21- Since that impressive win over OKC on National TV, the Kings have lost 5 straight including losses to Detroit and Cleveland.
26. New Jersey Nets 10-24- At least Brook Lopez is back….
27. Toronto Raptors 9-23- Jose Calderon is in the top 5 in assists…and that’s about all I got.
28. New Orleans Hornets 7-24- Have actually won three out of four.
29. Washington Wizards 7-25- A lost cause….
30. Charlotte Bobcats 4-27- Could go down as one of the worst in NBA history.